Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Prep

Today I'm prepping for Thanksgiving. We leave for Roundup tonight and we'll have Thanksgiving there tomorrow. Then we head home tomorrow night and I would love to return to a clean home! We'll see if that happens....

In prepping for tomorrow I learned something new. You can make mashed potatoes ahead of time in the crock pot!! How cool is that?? I'm trying it, so we'll see how it turns out tomorrow. I'm using this recipe (though I didn't put the egg whites in it) and so far it tastes really good! If it turns out tomorrow it will definitely be something to remember for the future since the recipe says it can be refrigerated for up to 3 days before you serve it!

In other news, I used store bought pie crusts this year. Yeah, I know... I shouldn't have, but I did. And do you know what happened when I baked my (dairy free) pumpkin pies? Yes, the crust got WAY darker than I wanted it to! *sigh* That's what I get for not making my own crusts. But I just cut the crimped dark edge off and, though it's not as pretty, I think it'll be fine. I think the other pie I'm going to make is a peanut butter pie (how traditional, eh?) and that takes a graham cracker crust, so we should be just fine. Oh, and it's a no bake, which makes it easier. I'll have to take a trip to the grocery store to make that, but I need to anyway to finish the strawberry pretzel salad.

I wonder what time we're leaving this evening? I'm guessing 5, when Leif stops working. Eek! That gives me 2.5 hours to get a lot done!

No comments: