Monday, December 15, 2008

Emergency Backpack

I'm updating our emergency backpack today. I realized it's been a while since I've done it and with the subzero temperatures again, it was a good reminder that I need to do that again.

Plus, our water is turned off again today. I don't know why, but it's the second time in about a month they've had the water in River Rock turned off. It's pretty frustrating when you realize you need water to do everything, from making soup for dinner to making mac and cheese for the kids. Lucky for me, though, I had some water in that emergency backpack, too.

There's not too much in the bag, but here's what we have already gathered together if we ever need to leave in a hurry:

Clothes for Elizabeth (pants, socks, sweatshirt, t-shirt, underwear)
Clothes for Leif (pants, socks, underwear, t-shirt, insulated shirt)
Clothes for Eliana (pants, shirt, sweater, socks, 5 diapers, wipes)
Hot Hands Warmers (3 sets)
Notebook and Pencil (to write down information if we need it, or for Eliana to draw on)
2 liters filtered water
Granola bars
Trail mix of nuts and dried fruit
Flashlight with extra batteries
Roll of toilet paper
Sample size packets of body care products (shampoo, etc.)
Walmart bags for trash, etc.

Everything (clothes, etc.) is in ziplock bags in case the bag gets wet.

No comments: