Thursday, September 27, 2012

Systematizing my Home

I am in the process of systematizing my home. I have a long way to go for sure, but what I've done so far is working well! It all started back in April when I organized the pantry... again. Only this time I put bins and labels in the pantry. And you know what? I haven't had to reorganize it since. I also haven't put any effort into keeping it organized. What changed is that I found a system intuitive enough to my subconscious that I don't have to think to keep it that way. Better yet, my family is able to maintain it as well. The same is true for our hall closet that houses games, extra paper products, Eliana's craft item, etc. It was chaotic, but then I went crazy with the clear shoe bins and my labeler and... it has been organized and tidy since! And we use that closet a lot! So... with these two places disproving my self-inflicted theory that I can never keep things organized, I am working on finding systems for my entire home that work for me and my family!

I want my home to have a (labeled) place for everything so that everything can go in its place!

I started out writing this post with a specific goal in mind, but now I can't remember what I was going to say. This is pretty common for me... Which is why I'm so excited that I'm finding systems that work... even with my ADD!!

My biggest challenge by far is PAPER CLUTTER. I love paper. Not just craft paper, it turns out, but anything paper. I love printables. I'm afraid I won't be able to find them on my computer (because I have NO organization for my virtual files!), so I print out the ones I love. And then I have a stack of paper to deal with, but I don't want to deal with it right then, because I just exhausted myself going through all the printables to find the ones I liked. So I leave the pile for later. Only later never really comes and my pile gets bigger until I can't figure out what to do with all the papers. It's an overwhelming, exhausting process. So... I'd like to get my paper clutter under control. In fact, there are lots of areas of my life and home I'd like to get under control, so here's the list I want to work through...

Home paper clutter
MK office paper clutter
Craft room paper clutter
Craft room clutter in general
Overflowing bento supplies
Color coded file system
Dinner planning
MK office systems to keep my desk clear
Laundry system
Keeping volunteer projects separate and organized
Maintaining a clean and organized bedroom
Systems for keeping Eliana's room organized and clean
Master closet organization
Guest room systems
Shopping systems to regulate spending
Custom planner systems

No comments: