Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New bedding...

Ah... I love new bedding. We just got some new flannel sheets at Costco for our bed. They're not on the bed yet, but they will be nice come fall and winter. And we got a new comforter and bedskirt set, too. All deep red, just the color I am transitioning things int he bedroom to. It's been a several-year-long project, this color transition, but I am slowly making my way. Leif isn't much into painting the walls any "color", so I've been sneaking color in other ways. A red vase here, a red body pillow there... now we have a big red comforter to cover the bed, so there's really very little left to do! I'd love to get some curtains in there, but we'll have to see. And I think they'll probably be cream like the curtains in the rest of our house anyway, simply because I have more of the material and that way the rooms will look cohesive when the doors are open.

Anyway, since we have new bedding, I figured it was time for a mattress flip and vacuum at the same time. Did that this morning when I put the new bedskirt on. It's very nice! We bought new pillows, too, (since washing them after our camping trip was sort of a soggy pillow disaster) so it feels almost like a new bed all around!

I love new bedding...

No comments: