Thursday, April 23, 2009

A well oiled machine...

I want my home to run like a well oiled machine.

So does my husband.

So how do I make it happen??? Why can't I maintain a schedule? Why can't I get set in my routines? What is my problem?

Tonight I am going to bed y 10:30. I'm actually in bed typing this right now. Not asleep, obviously, but in bed. The sink is shined. The dishwasher is full and set to run. I've washed my face and swish and swiped the bathroom. The kitchen table is cleared and wiped clean. Breakfast has been laid out for tomorrow. My clothes are set out for me to wear to Bible study at 6am. My alarm is set for 5am.

It didn't take much effort to get things set up for tomorrow and ready for bed. So why can't I maintain my routines?

Is it really as simple as just doing it? Just start by emptying the dishwasher and the rest will follow? I don't know. But something's got to give. 


No comments: