Friday, October 14, 2011

THE PERSONAL PLANNER

The personal planner is coming together. In fact, I am really liking it. Here's how it started....
From Instant Upload
3 Ring Binder with half size sheets in it and my own dividers...
From Instant Upload
Notepad in the back for extra notes...
From Instant Upload
Monthly Tabs including birthday calendars. This is how it easily becomes a 90 day planner.
From Instant Upload
30 Day Focus sheet for each month...
From Instant Upload
Tabs for each of the major areas in my life... Time Management, Money Management, God, Family, Career, and Personal Development including Health and Nutrition.
From Instant Upload
Special things for Eliana, like her schedule for the week and important phone numbers.
From Instant Upload
A place for notes for the teacher, should I need them.
From Instant Upload
Daily schedule sheet...
From Instant Upload
Cute fitness and nutrition tracking sheets...
From Instant Upload
90 Day reading list... What I'm currently reading.
From Instant Upload
Book recommendation sheets for when others recommend books to me.
From Instant Upload
And added pockets for the miscellaneous!

That's how it STARTED. I used it for a month or so and then the system I was waiting for came out with their punch so I could customize my own pages to fit into a disk system. I LOVE IT!!

The thing I probably love the best is that my personal planner now fits in this:
From Instant Upload

Here's what the cover of the actual notebook looks like:
From Instant Upload
A lot of the printable pages I found that I like and use came from these guys:
From Instant Upload
In this version of the planner, I have time management focused pages in the front, and then the tabs start.
From Instant Upload
God, Family, Career, followed by a pocket, and then my personal and financial tabs. It's kind of nice to separate the sections that way. I start with my daily list of things to do... 5 most important things, routines, meals, exercise, water, shopping list, appointments... all on one sheet. I found this sheet from simpleorganizedliving.com and I love it. I fill it out at night before bed and it allows me to think out and plan my next day. This is my work-from sheet. If I didn't look at the rest of the planner, but just worked off of this sheet each day, I'd be doing pretty good. I also have some sticky tabs so that I can use if I need to remember where I left off, what didn't get done, or just want to mark something. Then I have my Weekly Plan Sheet that I put together on Sunday night for the week. It's an ideal, but gives me something to work from each day as I plan the next day. Notice, too, that my monthly tabs are here in this section, too, before the God, Family, Career tabs.
From Instant Upload
Then I have my Daily To-Do List. This is where I track what I want to do and what I'm actually doing, and how I'm balancing my personal/family and business time.
From Instant Upload
LOOK!!! I can punch coupons and put them in my planner to use that day!
From Instant Upload
This is my weekly meal planner with tear-off grocery list. Leif does the grocery shopping, but this lets me think through next week's meals while I'm out and about and make notes for ingredients we will need.
From Instant Upload
GOD tab:
From Instant Upload
From Instant Upload
This lets me make notes, read scripture and journal it, and journal prayers while I'm out and about, too. I find this much better than using a dedicated journal, since I often don't have the journal with me. FAMILY tab:
From Instant Upload
Ellie's "I-didn't-get-any-checkmarks-at-kindergarten-today" punchcard and perforated "Let's have a playdate" sheets that make planning playdates easier.
From Instant Upload
From Instant Upload
CAREER tab:
From Instant Upload
Current promotion and place to jot down notes as I make phone calls while I'm out and about...
From Instant Upload
From Instant Upload
Blank note pages. PERSONAL tab:
From Instant Upload
Current reading list for the 90 days...
From Instant Upload
Book recommendation sheets:
From Instant Upload
IOU Coupons:
From Instant Upload
FINANCES tab:
From Instant Upload
A place to make notes about who paid what and what I paid, etc. Not an actual ledger, but a place for me to make notes. And, of course, my receipt pocket:
From Instant Upload
My shopping list...
From Instant Upload
Tiny notes...
From Instant Upload
And my important pocket!
From Instant Upload
(and, of course, the notepad)

It's a ton of pictures, but I really love my new personal planner and disk binding system! All of the pages are easily rearrangable, without having to open up the rings and risk losing all of the sheets. I have done that on more than one occasion! Also, the disk spacing makes it easier to include smaller pieces of paper, like coupons! I'm pretty pleased.

No comments: