Monday, March 24, 2008

Progress...

A month ago I was overwhelmed by the chaos surrounding me. I still have days like that. But The house has been basically clean since I cleaned it Friday. We worked to maintain it (even the laundry!) over the weekend. And now I find myself comforted on Monday. I have a few things I would like to tidy up, but there is not the overwhelming mess left by days of activity. Though there were days of activity... Friday we had Ben and Kathy over for dinner (they brought the dinner and cooked it here), then Saturday and Sunday Leif's parents came out for Easter and to let us go out on a date Saturday night. But we cleaned up along the way and kept the dishwasher going when needed and today... no overwhelming mess!

Right now...

The bed is made.
Ellie is up, dressed, and fed.
I am dressed. (but lacking the shoes...)
The pantry is organized.
There is a mess under the kitchen table where Ellie smashed her crackers from breakfast.
There are a few towels that need to be put away.
The guest linens need to be washed, dried, and put away.
The craft room is a mess.

There are lots of things that need to be done, but lots of things are under control. And that is nice. Today is a new day, and it is a new week. And so, with my newly made bed as my starting point, I will work to make sure the house stays maintained today. I will work on the projects I need to finish and not stress over what doesn't get done. One day at a time. One project at a time. I can do anything in 15 minutes.

No comments: