Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's been a while...

Wow. The last time I blogged, we were packing up to move out of our old house into a condo while the new house got finished. Now we've been living in the new house for 6 months! Crazy!

When we designed the new house, we took to heart some of the things from "The House that Cleans Itself" and that has made a HUGE difference in how clean our house stays. HUGE!

That being said, this last week was Eliana's first full week of school and my first week of getting her up, ready, and out the door by 8am. My house started to fall apart. Here's what I saw happen:

  • The dining room table became a collection spot for all things. 
  • The kitchen became cluttered with dirty dishes that didn't get cleaned, lunch making supplies that took over the counter, and random stuff that I moved from the dining room table to the kitchen. 
  • The master bedroom became another catch-all as I tried to get caught up on Eliana's school clothes laundry and brought in new things to leave in our room. 
Not cool. Those are the 3 areas that we live in. The areas my husband likes to have neat and clean. The areas that I apparently stink at keeping clean when life is going on. 

So my goals for today are to tackle those 3 rooms. And if I have time, I'd like to clean up the craft room, too, and maybe even tackle the pantry. 

I'd love to plan meals for this week and make them today and get them in the fridge / freezer, all ready to go, but I doubt that's going to happen. 

I'm pretty much feeling like I need to reorganize my life again, which isn't good. Not sure what that's about, but I'm thinking I probably need to take my pill today and that will help set me straight. =D

So... perhaps I'll take a couple before and after pictures of my progress today. That would be good. Perhaps I'd make some progress, then.

Either way, I'd like to start out the week with a nice, clean home. 

No comments: